Following the shocking event of yesterday night (October 20) when security officers opened fire at unarmed #ENDSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, angry mob stormed different areas of the state today, October 21, to unleash mayhem.
Over 10 places were set on fire and others vandalized, including private and public properties.
List of all the places reported to be vandalized and burnt today (Wednesday, October 21) by angry mob in Lagos State:
- BRT Terminal, Oyingbo – several buses burnt.
- Governor Sanwo-Olu’s family home on Omididun Street, Lagos Island was vandalized by the mob.
- TVC Headquarters was burnt alongside several cars belonging to staff.
- Circle Mall along Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lagos, was looted.
- Nigerian Ports Authority Headquarters, Marina Area, was set on fire.
- A residential property alleged to be owned by Governor Sanwo-Olu’s mother was set on fire in Surulere.
- Part of Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island, was destroyed.
- An official vehicle of the Vehicle Inspection Office (VIO) was burnt in the Ojodu area of Lagos.
- The Palace of the Oba of Lagos was attacked and looted.
- Lagos Theatre in Oregun was burnt.
- Igbosere High Court, Obalende was burnt and working equipment such as computers, printers, fans, air conditioners, etc. looted.
- The headquarters of the Nation Newspaper located on Fatai Atere street in Mushin was set on fire.