Who is Rochas Okorocha?
Rochas Okorocha is a Nigerian politician and businessman. He was a two-term former governor of Imo State. He is also the founder and president of the Rochas Foundation, an initiative that provides free education for African children.
Rochas Okorocha’s full name is Owelle Rochas Anayo Okorocha. He was born on September 22, 1962, in Ogboko, Ideato South, Imo state. He is 59 years old as of May 2022. Rochas Okorocha’s father is from Imo State while his mother, Mrs Ezinne Josephine Okorocha, comes from Anambra State.
Rochas Okorocha originally hails from Ideato Local Government Area, in Imo West Senatorial Zone. He was at one time accused of relating more with his mother’s Anambra side than Imo State where he is actually from. Rochas Okorocha grew up alongside his two siblings, Okechuckwu Okorocha and Ogechi Ololo (née Okorocha).
Rochas Okorocha’s brother, Okechukwu Okorocha served as a “Senior Special Assistant” in his government while he was governor. His sister, Mrs Ogechi Ololo (née Okorocha), made headlines in 2017 after she was appointed as Imo State’s “commissioner for happiness and couples’ fulfilment” by Rochas.
Rochas Okorocha‘s marriage and wedding
As of the time of publishing this article, Rochas Okorocha is happily married to his beautiful wife, Nneoma Nkechi Okorocha. The couple got married in 1987 and has been married for over 35 years. Their union is blessed with six children.
About Rochas Okorocha’s wife – Nneoma Nkechi Rochas
Nneoma Nkechi Rochas is the legally wedded wife of Rochas Okorocha. She was born on December 1, 1967, and she is currently 54 years old as of May 2022.
Nneoma Nkechi’s full name is Ugo Nneoma Nkechi Rochas Okorocha. According to reports sighted by DNB Stories Africa, the former first lady holds a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Economics from Abia State University. Nneoma Nkechi Rochas is also a philanthropist and the founder of a foundation called Women Of Divine Destiny Initiative (WDDI).
How Rochas Okorocha met his wife – Nneoma Nkechi Rochas
Rochas Okorocha revealed that he met his wife when he was 24 years old. According to him, his father was sick and wanted him to get married before he dies. He added that he was driving and saw a young lady packing tomatoes by the side of the road, and he said to his friends “This is my wife”, so he stopped for a while and offered to help her but she refused.
However, they both met again by accident at an event, and shortly after, they started dating. In his words, the courtship didn’t even last up to a week before they got married. Rochas Okorocha stated that it was one of the fastest marriages ever and meeting his wife is the best thing that has ever happened to him in his life.
Rochas Okorocha’s children
Rochas Okorocha is the proud father of six children (three girls and three boys). Rochas Okorocha’s children are all grown-ups.
List of Rochas Okorocha’s six children:
- Uloma Rochas-Nwosu
- Uju Rochas-Anwukah
- Uchechi Rochas
- Ahamefula Brendan Rochas
- Amen Amarachi Rochas, and
- Amamchi Rochas.
About Rochas Okorocha’s children
1. Uloma Rochas-Nwosu is the first daughter of Rochas Okorocha. She holds three degrees, two from two universities in the United States and one from a Nigerian University. Her degrees include Associate Clinical Psychology from Everest College, Dallas; Clinical Psychology from the University Of Texas, United States, and a third degree in Business University Administration from the University of Abuja, Nigeria.
Uloma Okorocha is the Deputy Chief of Staff at her father’s foundation “Rochas Foundation” and the creative designer of Walshblanc, a project and property management tropic galleria. She is also the managing director of UI group and Reach FM 104.9. According to reports sighted by DNB Stories Africa, Uloma is happily married to her heartthrob, Ugwumba Uche Nwosu, a former chief of staff of Imo State, and former Imo State APC Governorship Candidate (2019). The couple got married in December 2013 in 0werri, Imo State, and their union is blessed with four children.
2. Uju Rochas-Anwukah is the second daughter of the Rochas Okorocha family. She is the managing director of Rochas Foundation, the Director of U Save Foundation, and the managing director of The Hive Food Network and Frosty Haven Nigeria.
According to reports sighted by DNB Stories Africa, Uju is happily married to Dr Uzoma Anwukah, the son of Professor Anthony Anwukah, the ex-vice chancellor of Imo State University, and the current Minister of State for Education. Their wedding took place in October 2014 in Owerri, Imo State, and the union is blessed with two boys, Jidenna and Jurumobi.
3. Uchechi Rochas is the youngest daughter of Rochas Okorocha and his only daughter who is yet to be married (as of the time of publishing this article). She holds two degrees – one in Social Policy and Law and another in International Relations and Law from the University of New York. She is the Director-General of the Rochas Foundation and also the managing director of Ur Café Ng
4. Ahamefula Brendan Rochas is Rochas Okorocha’s first son. He was born on March 1, 1994, and he is 28 years old as of May 2022. Ahamefula graduated from the University of Manchester with a first-class in Mechanical Engineering. He is a serial entrepreneur and CEO of Ryan and Russel, a retail outlet for Men’s Fashion in Abuja. His other businesses include the Aham Rochas Group and Aham Rochas Foundation.
5. Amen Amarachi Rochas is the second son of the Rochas family. He graduated from Southern Methodist University, Texas. He is a board member of the Rochas Foundation. He is an engineer by profession and the founder of the Juremi Group of Companies. It is unclear if Amen is married or in a relationship, but according to reports sighted by DNB Stories Africa, Amen was rumoured to be in a relationship with ex- BBNaija housemate, Cynthia Nwadiora, popularly known as Cee-C.
6. Amamchi Rochas is Rochas Okorocha’s last born and the youngest child of the Rochas family. He graduated from Samford University, a private university in Birmingham, Alabama, United States. Just like his siblings, Amam is also a serial entrepreneur and the managing director of Wingist Network, a brand with interests in lifestyle, hospitality, entertainment and real estate.