by Staff writer
VH1’s hit drag show, RuPaul’s Drag Race, is assembling some of the show’s most iconic queens for an all-star Christmas special.
Titled “RuPaul’s Drag Race: Holi-Slay Special”, the queens that will be sleighing the runway include:
1. Eureka O’Hara (Season 9: 11th Place, Season 10: Runner-Up)
2. Jasmine Masters (Season 7: 12th Place)
3. Kim Chi (Season 8: Runner-Up)
4. Latrice Royale (Season 4: 4th Place, All Stars 1: 7th Place)
5. Mayhem Miller (Season 10: 10th Place)
6. Shangela (Season 2: 12th Place, Season 3: 6th Place, All Stars 3: Runner-Up)
7. Kylie Sonique Love (Season 2: 9th Place)
8. Trixie Mattel (Season 7: 6th Place, All Stars 3: Winner)
The one-off instalment is going to see queens competing in a series of festive challenges, including a choreographed dance routine by the one-and-only Todrick Hall.
At the end, one of the queens will be crowned the Drag Race Xmas Queen.
Since the announcement was made, conspiracy theorists have began insinuating the entire special was engineered as a way to give fans the Shangela versus Trixie Mattel rematch they’ve wanted since the All Stars 3 finale.
Apparently not, because RuPaul is actually promoting a new holiday album (called Christmas Party) that’s now available on iTunes.
This is still however a chance for Shangela to get her much deserved crown.
RuPaul’s Drag Race: Holi-Slay Special airs on VH1 in the US on Friday, December 7 at 8pm ET.