by Staff writer
As a Nigerian, I can assure you that we are not normal.
It could be a big struggle living among ourselves daily.
Here are 21 things Nigerians do every day that can annoy the hell out of you:
1. Giving unsolicited advice, even to complete strangers
2. Paying no respect to someone’s personal space.
3. Finding it hard to apologize for a wrongdoing.
4. Adults thinking they know more and deserve more simply because they are older.
5. Replying to questions with questions.
Question: Are you at home?
Reply: Where else should I be?
6. Preaching inside buses, trains, even inside Keke.
7. Always trying to jump queues.
8. Judging everybody, even strangers they do not know.
9. A fake sense of elitism — thinking they are special because they patronize only foreign movies, music, etc.
10. Being both annoyingly and hypocritically over-religious.
11. Struggling and fighting over front seat in public buses.
12. Playing loud music in a public setting.
13. Quick to go the corrupt way.
14. Mature men urinating on the roadside.
15. Meeting a friend and then contesting who is suffering more just to avoid paying for the drinks.
16. Asking for money at every slightest opportunity.
17. Calling someone at odd hours and asking if they are asleep.
18. Shouting “Do you know who I am?” at every slightest provocation.
19. Touching strangers without minding how they feel.
20. Thinking because they are married or have had kids, they are now better than others!
21. Hailing you as “Boss” just to manipulate you into doing something for them.
Are you Nigerian?
What other things Nigerians do get you very annoyed?