About United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA)
United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) is a financial institution in Nigeria registered with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It is one of the oldest and biggest financial institutions with over 20,000 staff and millions of customers within and beyond the horizons of Africa.
UBA’s head office is located at UBA House, 57 Marina, Lagos State. The Group Chairman is Tony Elumelu, while the Managing Director/CEO is Kennedy Uzoka.
Ways to transfer money from UBA to other banks
The four major ways to transfer money from your UBA account to other accounts are:
- Through the USSD transfer code
- Using the UBA Mobile App
- Visiting a physical bank branch
- Using a POS center or an ATM machine
UBA USSD Transfer Code
You can transfer money from a UBA bank to another UBA user or other banks with the use of the bank’s USSD code which is *919#.
The USSD code can only work with the mobile phone number linked with your bank account. That is, the same number you receive SMS alerts on. If your number is not linked, you should visit your bank to register it for mobile money transfer.
The USSD code for UBA Bank is *919# and it allows customers to perform the following transactions using their mobile phones:
- Open a UBA account
- Transfer money from UBA to other banks
- Buy airtime
- Pay bills
- Access a mini account statement
How to transfer money from UBA to another UBA account with the USSD code
Option 1: Simply dial *919*3# on your mobile deice and follow the pop-up instructions.
Option 2: Or dial *919*3*beneficiary account number*amount# to initiate a direct transfer to another UBA account.
Option 3: Dial *919# on your mobile device and choose option 5 from the pop-up instructions.
How to transfer from UBA to another bank account with the USSD code
Option 1: Dial *919*4# from your mobile device and follow the pop-up commands.
Option 2: Dial *919*4*beneficiary account number*amount# to initiate a direct transfer to another bank account.
Option 3: Dial *919# and choose the transfer to other banks option
- You can only complete a USSD transfer using the mobile number linked to your UBA account. Other numbers will not work.
- Your mobile device does not need to be connected to the internet to carry out a USSD transation.
- To transfer money above N20,000, you will need a security pass or token code from your bank. Also, the maximum amount you can transfer daily with the USSD code is N150,000.
How to transfer money using the UBA mobile app
- Download the mobile app from Google Play Store or IOS and install it on your device
- Log in to the app with your account number, e-mail address or user ID and then enter your password.
- You may need to sign up first for first-time use. If you couldn’t sign up, it might be that your bank account is not enabled for internet banking. You will need to visit your bank branch and let a bank official enable internet banking for you.
- Click on the icon at the top left of the screen and click the money transfer option
- Select the bank you want to transfer to and enter the account number
- Enter the desired amount and you can add the description for the transfer which is optional.
- Click the transfer button and then enter your PIN.
Note that you will need an internet-enabled device to carry out the mobile app transaction.
UBA USSD Code for other transactions:
- To buy airtime for yourself, dial *919*amount#
- To buy airtime for a third party, dial *919*phone number*amount#
- To pay other bills, dial *919*5# and follow the instructions.
- To check account balance, dial *919*00#
- To send money to a UBA prepaid card, dial *919*32#
|UBA USSD Code||Function|
|1||*919#||For general transactions|
|2||*919*3*beneficiary account number*amount#||To transfer money to your another UBA account|
|3||*919*4*beneficiary account number*amount#||To transfer money to a different bank account|
|4||*919*amount#||To rechage airtime on the personal number linked to your account|
|5||*919*phone number*amount#||To recharge airtime on a different number|
|6||*919*00#||To check account balance|
|7||*919*32#||To send money to a UBA prepaid card|
|8||*919*5#||To pay other bills|
|9||*919*12#||To by airline tickets|
|10||*919*30*Amount#||To carry out a cardless withdrawal at a UBA ATM|